Case Study. Effective communication in the digital environment. Management perspective.
Now that you have been teleworking for some time, you see that your team is feeling a bit demotivated lately because of remote work and lack of contact among the main reasons. In addition, you have to take a project forward and you have to communicate it to your team, but you see that the team is a bit tired; and there are also new employees who do not know the platform you are working with. In turn, there is a conflict between team members that needs to be resolved.
- What action would you take regarding the demotivation of your team?
- What channel would you use to communicate with your team, and how would you do it?
- What channel of communication would you consider appropriate for the resolution of the conflict between team members?
- Regarding team motivation, I would encourage work through virtual events and meetings. I would organize activities based on common interests, to boost motivation and communication within the team. I would also carry out a feedback process to accompany and enrich everyone's work.
- For this purpose, I would use reliable online communication channels, and teach the team how to use them to get the most out of them. I would hold a virtual meeting, and set the time and duration of the meeting in advance, and make it as efficient, quick, concise and operational as possible. I would also consider attention spans, and remember to be concise. During the meeting, I would also make sure I was a good mediator, and give the floor to all team members, and that no one felt left out.
- For conflict resolution, I would avoid using e-mail or chat. I would opt for means such as telephone or videoconferencing that convey more closeness.
Digital communication, digital environment, communication problems, digital era, communication skills, soft skills
ESSENCE_course 1_ Effective communication in the digital environment_EN