The ESSENCE project is coming to an end with great results
The ESSENCE project is coming to an end, yet this is really the starting point for its future success as we have reached this stage with the full release of all the deliverables prepared:
a) One multilanguage OER platform, fully open with no login required to train students and trainers on the most needed soft skills on the labour market. The platform and its contents are available in 7 languages, with the possibility of using training material both online and offline. Moreover, training can be listened to in audio format to boost accessibility to people with a visual impairment. At the end of each training module, the user has the opportunity to test their knowledge and a customizable certificate is released if the skill acquisition has been ratified.
b) One comprehensive research report identifying soft skills linked to employability, highlighting those that are most desirable among employers.
c) A toolkit with 7 training modules, each providing access to an introductory video, a theoretical overview, slides in pptx, a test with 10 questions, 3 best practices, 3 case studies and an interactive decision game, all available in 7 languages
d) Detailed guidelines for future usage and sustainability of project results.
All these materials have been developed and peer-reviewed by experts in the academia and business and will be available to the public for at least 3 years after the end of the project.
To recap, Essence project results are:
- Free OER platform, available online in 7 languages
- Open 24/7
- Tailor made
- Free: all courses are free
- Open and respecting users’ privacy: registration is not required
- Anonymous use: statistics are based on sessions linked to unique codes related to the contents viewed.
- Fast: short videos along with training modules and tools quick to read
- Easy: training modules are organized by concepts to facilitate users’ understanding and better knowledge acquisition.
- Complete availability: available online 365 days a year, 24 hours a day, and offline in PDF in 7 languages:
- Accessible: training contents have audio format in every language
- Diverse: it offers different multimedia solutions: training courses, video tutorials, summaries, most important key facts for each course, student guidelines.
- Professional: contents have been developed by experts in each training area.
For further information on ESSENCE: